Main Page < EDAM < User:Grunwald
I'm an associate professor at the University of Colorado, in the Department of Computer Science. I work in the area of computer systems, broadly defined. This includes Computer Architecture, Operating systems, mobile & wireless and whatever else I feel like (ahh... the joys of tenure).
Department of Computer Science
Campus Box 430
University of Colorado, Boulder
Phone: (720) 310-5432
Fax: (303) 492-2844
| Office Hours for Fall 2010 |
In Fall 2006, I'll be teaching CSCI 1300 majors. You can find more course information at the course page . Access to the CSCI 1300 pages requires a password. If you're enrolled for the class, please contact either me or one of the TA's for the class and they will provide access.
For a list of prior courses & information, see the link for previous classes
My research spans several areas in computer systems. I currently am supervising projects in four areas:
- Software defined radio, with an emphasis on protocols for directional antennas
- How reconfigurable computing can be integrated with general purpose CPU's
- How on-line profile information can improve O/S scheduling in multi-threaded and heterogeneous processors.
- Content-directed storage and MAID architectures
These projects are described in more detail in my research project page.
I've had the pleasure to work with a number of excellent Ph.D., M.S. and BS students on various research projects.
Current Students I work with
This is a list of current students I either work with or whose thesis I supervise or co-supervise. In each case, these are students that I pay from current grants.
- Jeff Fifield (Ph.D., networking & architecture)
- Joseph Bloemstadt (Ph.D., networking & architecture)
- Dan Fay (Ph.D.,realtime / CPS)
- Eric Anderson (Ph.D. - wireless networks)
- Gary Yee (Ph.D. - wireless networks)
- Caleb Phillips (Ph.D. - wireless networks)
- Dola Saha (Ph.D. - wireless networks)
- Aveek Dutta (Ph.D. - reconfigurable radio platforms)
- Damon McCoy (Ph.D., Computer Security / Privacy, headed to UCSD w/Savage)
- Tipp Moseley (Ph.D., architecture, headed to Google)
- Robert McTasney (Ph.D. (ECE) - software defined radio, Faculty at Westpoint)
- Anmol Sheth (Ph.D. - wireless networks -- Rick Han was Ph.D. advisor, I just worked with him, Intel Research)
- Paul Kasemir (Undergrad - wireless networks)
- Michael Buettner (M.S. - wireless networks, pursuing Ph.D. at Washington)
- Graham Schelle (Ph.D., Currently MTS Intel)
- Brad Morrey (PhD 2006, Hewlett Packard Labs)
- Nels Anderson (BS, REU student, pursuing Ph.D. at UBC Vancouver)
- Michael Neufeld, PhD 2004 (Currently MTS BBN)
- Marco Gruteser, PhD 2004 (Currently Asst. Prof, Rutgers)
- Soraya Ghiasi, PhD 2004 (Currently at IBM Research, Austin)
- Ashish Jain, MS 2004 (Not certain what he's doing)
- Graham Schelle, MS 2004 (Continuing in PhD program)
- Robert Cooksey, PhD 2001, (Currently at Intel, Portland OR)
- Audun Tornquist, MS 2001, (Not certain what he's doing)
- Donald Lindsay, PhD 2000, (Currently at Cisco)
- Artur Klauser, PhD 1999, (Currently at Google)
- Carlos Maltzhan. PhD 1999, (Currently at UCSD as Research Faculty)
- Bobbie Manne, Ph.D., 1998 (Currently at AMD, Portalnd)
- Anshu Aggarwal, Ph.D., 1998 (Currently at startup).
- Suvas Vajracharya, Ph.D. 1997 (Currently CEO of startup)
- Eric Borch, MS, 1997 (I think he's at AMD, Ft. Collins)
- Douglas Joseph, Ph.D. 1996 (Currently Member of Technical Stafff, IBM T. J. Watson Research Lab)
- Bradley Calder, PhD. 1995, (Full Prof, UCSD now at Microsoft).
- Harini Srivinasan, PhD 1994 (Currently Member of Technical Stafff, IBM T. J. Watson Research Lab
- Mark Streich, MS 1992 (No current information)