Developing technology is only half the battle of improving people’s lives. That technology also need to meet market needs and fit within the regulations of the countries where it will be deployed.
In conjunction with Silicon Flatirons, the Computer Systems group at the University of Colorado explores the interaction of technology and policy in different domains.
- Dirk Grunwald, “How New Technologies Can Turn a Spectrum Crisis Into a Spectrum Opportunity”
- Tom Lookabaugh, Douglas C. Sicker, and Dirk Grunwald, “Multimedia Quality of Service and Net Neutrality on Wireless Networks”, 9th Annual International Symposium on Advanced Radio Technologies, March 2006
Network Neutrality and Management
- Douglas C. Sicker and Dirk Grunwald, “Measuring the Network,” International Journal of Communication (IJoC), University of Southern California. August 2007. (14 pages)
- Dirk Grunwald, “The Internet Ecosystem: The Potential for Discrimination”, To Appear, Federal Communication Law Journal
- Douglas C. Sicker, Paul Ohm, and Dirk Grunwald. 2007. Legal issues surrounding monitoring during network research. In Proceedings of the 7th ACM SIGCOMM conference on Internet measurement (IMC ’07). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 141-148.